Are you tech-savvy? Do you want to pursue further studies in Technical Education? Are you interested in accomplishing your future pursuits from one of the best cities in the world, often known as the ‘Big Apple’? Have you guessed the city? Yes, it’s New York! If you have answered yes to the questions mentioned above, then you are at the right place! In this weblog, we will shortlist some of the best technical education colleges and universities in New York, the USA.
New York is a vibrant city; it is recognized for its elite shops, flamboyant Broadway performances, and ambitious business tycoons. New York has long fascinated people from all around the world. In addition, New York has also been positioned eighth in the world for its comprehensive education system.
Below listed are the topmost colleges and universities providing engineering programs:
- Columbia University: An educational institute that provides undergraduate, graduate, and research programs in business, social sciences, science, law, medicine, and public affairs. The schools of Columbia University incorporate School of Engineering and Applied Science; School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation; School of General Studies, School of Business, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, etc.
- New York University: The locale and heritage of NYU make it a renowned educational institution of the nation. About 53,600 students attend almost 20 of its schools and colleges, making NYU one of the largest private schools in the US.
- SUNY Maritime College: State University of New York Maritime College is a public institute in New York. It was founded in the year 1874.
- Stevens Institute of Technology: This educational and research institute provides bachelor’s, masters & doctoral degrees in technology. SIT comprises Charles V. Schaefer, Jr. School of Engineering, the Wesley J. Howe School of Technology Management, and the Arthur E. Imperatore School of Science and Arts. It was founded in the year 1870.
- Manhattan College: This is a private educational institute that provides académica programs in engineering, science, arts, business, and education. Manhattan College was founded in the year 1853 in the Bronx, New York.
Fordham University: This is an educational institute that provides undergraduate and graduates courses in science, arts, business, and law. The University comprises Fordham College Rose Hill, College of Business Administration, Fordham College Lincoln Center, Fordham College of Liberal Studies, and Marymount College of Fordham University. Fordham University was founded in the year 1841 in New York.
- The Cooper Union: This Cooper Institute or the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is generally known as Cooper Union. This Institute was established in the year 1859 in New York. The inspiration for this institution arose when Peter Cooper gained information about the government-supported Ecole Polytechnique in France.
- The City College of New York: This is a public college of the City University of New York System. This was the primary free public institution of higher education in the US. The City College was founded in the year 1847. This Institute is the oldest of CUNY’s 24 institutes of higher education. It is also known as CUNY’s flagship college.
- Borough of Manhattan Community College: This is a public community college in New York. BMCC was founded in 1963 as a City University of New York System component. The Institute provides associate degrees in various science, engineering, health, vocational, business, and perpetuating educational arenas.
- Webb Institute: WI is an undergraduate organization that provides courses in ship design, marine, systems, civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering. Webb Institute was founded in 1894. This establishment is based in Glen Cove, New York.
- Bronx Community College: BCC is a public community college in the Bronx, the city of New York. The institute is a component of the City University of New York.
- Hofstra University: This university maintains a low student-faculty ratio of 14 to 1.
- The United States Merchant Marine Academy: USMMA is an educational organization/institute, and it provides a variety of courses to students.
- Queensborough Community College: QCC is a community college in Bayside, Queens, New York. It was established in 1959 as a Campus in the New York State University, and later it was transferred to CUNY in 1965.
- CUNY College of Staten Island is among the 11 four-year senior colleges amidst the City University of New York system. Even there are some more colleges and universities in New York. Here is the list:
- Kingsborough Community College
- Vaughn College
- Yeshiva University:
- LaGuardia Community College
- Rockland Community College
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Monmouth University
- Rutgers- New Brunswick
These were some shortlisted Engineering colleges in the USA, primarily in New York. We hope that this will help you pursue the best course available out there. These are the elite colleges with a quality education that would facilitate you with unparalleled career prospects. Thank You so much for your time.